MR. WILLIAM C. UBAGAN CSP,LSO
Marketing Officer, CLM-CBIS Philippines
- Acquaint with Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop Job Mastery
- Learn the Art of Leading Men
- Leadership & Command
- Technical Service
Leadership & Command
- – is the art of winning men in order to accomplish the mission
- – Command. Is the authority to convey legitimate orders, exact obedience and impose sanctions.
- are tasks and initiatives that have direct impact on life, property and proprietary rights.
- Deployment of men and resources
- Definition of individual and organizational roles
- Conduct of patrols, search, rescue and recovery
- Providing Executive Protection & Related Services
- Enforcement of Rules and Regulations
- Control people, vehicles and property movement
- Activities and programs that has impact on the individuals with respect to morale, proficiency, competence, skills, discipline & integrity,among others.
– Screening & Recruitment of personnel
– Training & Career Development
– Upliftment of Morale, Welfare & Benefits
– Reward & Progressive Discipline
– Finance, Accounting, Payroll& Budgeting
– Logistics Sourcing & Supply Management
– Performance Evaluation
– Inspectorate & Post Audit
- is a specialized skills derived from training, experience and research, through the direct output of the security officer.
- Investigation & Report Writing
- Collection of Critical Information
- IT Security System Management
- Security Survey, Risk Assessment & Vulnerability Analysis
- is the art of influencing and directing people in such away as to obtain their willing obedience, confidence, respect and loyal cooperation to accomplish the mission.
Purpose of Leadership
- Accomplishment of the Mission
- Looking for the Welfare of Men
Types of Leadership
- Authoritative or Dogmatic – a leader who obtains obedience by asserting authority and superiority, or instills fear or punishment
- b. Persuasive or Considerate – one who obtains obedience and leads by compassion and persuasion, and consider the “human factor’ in dealing with men
Principle on Authority & Responsibility
– Authority is inherent in the exercise of leadership and command and may be delegated.
– Responsibility is the reason for the grant of authority. Under the “doctrine of ultimate responsibility” it can never be delegated.
- Know yourself & seek self-improvement
- Be technically& tactically proficient
- Seek responsibility & take responsibility for your actions
- Make sound and timely decisions
- Set the example
- Know your men & look for their welfare
- Keep your men properly informed
- Develop sense of responsibility in your subordinates
- Ensure that the task is understood, supervised and accomplished
- Train your men to work as a team
- Employ your men in accordance with their capabilities
- Esprit d’Corps
- Effective Unit