20 senators sign report holding Aquino responsible for Mamasapano
6:08 PM | Wednesday, March 18th, 2015
MANILA, Philippines — Twenty senators have signed a Senate draft report that found President Benigno Aquino III responsible for the January 25 Mamasapano operation, Senator Grace Poe said on Wednesday.
Poe drafted the report as head of the Senate committee on public order that investigated the incident along with the committees on peace, unification, reconciliation, and finance.
The 20 senators who have signed the report are:
1. Senator Grace Poe
2. Senator Francis Escudero
3. Senator Vicente “Tito” Sotto III
4. Senator Serge Osmena
5. Senator Aquilino Pimentel III
6. Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr
7. Senator Alan Cayetano
8. Senator Pia Cayetano
9. Senator Nancy Binay
10. Senator Ralph Recto
11. Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago (via electronic signature)
12. Senator Gringo Honasan
13. Detained Senator Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada
14. Detained Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr.
15. Senator Joseph Victor “JV” Ejercito (via electronic signature)
16. Senator Loren Legarda
17. Senator Cynthia Villar
18. Senator Paolo Benigno “Bam” Aquino IV
19. Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara
20. Senator Teofisto Guingona III
The four senators who did not sign are:
1. Detained Senator Juan Ponce Enrile
2. Senate President Franklin Drilon
3. Senator Antonio Trillanes IV
4. Senator Manuel “Lito” Lapid
Poe earlier said the signatories were already the majority needed to transmit the draft report to the plenary for either adoption or rejection.
“Yes, majority,” Poe told reporters in a text message.
“But I will file first on Thursday and wait for additional attachments from senators whom I requested to submit their additional positions in writing, if they have any. I will present this in May,” she added.
Originally posted: 11:13 AM | Wednesday, March 18th, 2015
MGA KABABAYAN; TANDAAN NIYO HO YANG MGA SENADOR NA HINDI PUMIRMA, SIGURADO DOBLE-KARA DIN ANG PRISIPYO NG MGA YAN KATULAD NI PANOT!