By the way, I was a PNoy supporter when he ran for presidency and I have passionately debated on his behalf with his detractors here on Facebook. I believed then that his lack of political achievement as a senator and was even caught dozing off few times during senate hearing, will not matter if his heart is in the right place. Shortly after he was sworn in, the Luneta hostage crisis happened and he was reportedly hiding at Emerald restaurant instead of going out there and taking leadership. I thought that maybe since he was new to his position he was a little distracted and not knowing what to do. So I never voiced out any criticism on him for the first two and a half years of his presidency. But several faux pas after that, I can no longer stand by and keep quiet. So I became Vocal Critics against him.
By: Marlene D. Howe
July 2, 2014
Boastful President PNoy and His Broken Promises:
PNoy to next President: “Beat my achievements”
Let’s be fair and review some of the promises he made during the campaign such as:
1. Kung walang korap, walang Mahirap. Did he deliver that promise?
2. What about, Tuwid na daan? Did he deliver that promise?
3. What about, Kayo ang Boss ko? Did he listen to the people? Didn’t he collude with Malaysia against the majority of voices of the people in and out of social media to stand up to Malaysia and reclaim Sabah for the country and for our Muslim kababayans who were slaughtered in Sabah? Didn’t he echo Najib’s rhetoric instead of standing by the Sulu Sultanate? Malaysia even used the airline owned by PNoy’s cousin to transport their soldiers to Sabah to kill our kababayans from the Sulu Sultanate.
4. What about the funds intended for the military family that his trusted adviser, Butch Abad withheld and later found its way to the president’s DAPS? Butch Abad should have been fired right after when his wrongdoing was exposed. I just found out about this yesterday from the wall of Admiral Juan A. Deleon.
5. Didn’t PNOY use PDAF as bribe for senators to insure a conviction on Corona?
6. Didn’t we lose Scarborough or Panatag Shoal because of the president’s ineptitude and naiveté?
7. With regard to DAP, he knew it was wrong and only for him to give a lame excuse that he should not be criticized because he used it for the good of the people. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW, NOT EVEN THE PRESIDENT! He did an illegal thing consciously and he cannot just use ignorance as an excuse.
8. The infamous “Framework Agreement” is another example of the president’s naiveté when he rushed into a peace agreement with one faction MILF but took the rest of other factions and tribes out of the equation. The result was more chaos and bloodshed starting with the Zamboanga siege. Do you call this peace agreement when other tribes have vowed to fight for their right to self-determination? Can you call this success?
9. Lastly, from what I can think of for now, there were corruptions unfolding under his administration like the BOC when he accepted the resignation of General Lim who was the only person surrounded with sharks and crocodiles who attempted to clean up the Bureau of Customs. But he did not accept the resignation of BOC’s top dog, Raffy Biazon when he was the one in-charge of the whole agency and Gen. Lim was only a second in command. He did not even fire the well-known “Three Kings” of smuggling at BOC. Why? Is it because one of them is under Speaker Belmonte’s protection?
The economy might be growing a little bit but the general population does not feel it. There are so many little things that are wrong under the president’s watch but I can’t enumerate all of them. But one thing I can say about the latest brouhaha when he let his personal feelings get in the way of a business decision is, IT’S ALL BS to exclude Nora Aunor for the National Artist award because of Ms. Aunor’s drug conviction of which she took responsibility and learned from it. But the fact that she has considerable contribution to the Arts and she made her own success through old-fashion hard work and sheer talent are things that no one can deny. PNoy’s excuse of Ms. Aunor’s past is LAME and UNFAIR. Are all the previous awardees saints? Who knows, they are babaero, palainom, sugarol, drug users and whatever discretions they might have. But they were recognized based on their contribution to the Arts. It should be the same for Nora Aunor. I wonder if he would do the same thing if it’s Kris Aquino who’s in the running. The whole Philippines know of Kris cohabiting with few men without legal or religious sanction.
Marlene Howe is co-Founder and Administrator of the Philippine Sabah Claim Forum and of the Defenders of Philippine Sabah and Spratly Claims community as well as an administrator of this blog. Ms Howe is US based but keeps a home in the Philippines.
MARAMI ANG NADALA NI PNOY SA KANYANG TUWAD NA DAAN AT INILIHIS MULA SA TUWID NA DAAN. NAKAKATAKOT ANG MAGKAROON ULIT NG PRESIDENTE NA KATULAD NIYA. WALANG SARILING PRINSIPYO AT PANININDIGAN. SAYANG ANG 6 NA TAON NA IPINAGKALOOB NG TAONG BAYAN SA GANITONG KLASENG URI NG PANGULO. PINAGTATAWANAN TAYO NG BUONG MUNDO NA SA KAKAPIRANGGOT NA BILANH NG TETORIST AY SIYA ANG LUMUHOD AT SUMUKO.
KAYA MGA KABABAYAN, SA DARATINV NA HALALAN, MAG ISIP ISIP NAMAN TAYO BAGO NATIN ILAPAT ANG DULO NG ATING MGA BOLPEN SA BALOTA. SANA ISIPIN NATIN ANG KINABUKASAN NG ATING MGA ANAK. HUWAG MAGPABILI AT MAGPADALA NG KAKAUNTING BARYA NG MGA KANDIDATO SAPAGKAT ITO ANG UMPISA MALAIMPYERNONG PAMUMUHAY SA KINABUKASAN. TANDAAN PO NATIN LAGE,MAGING MATALINO SA PAGBOTO. ILUKLOK ANG SA TINGIN MOY TAONG KARAPAT-DAPAT SA PANUNUNGKULANG KAAKIBAT AY MAY TAKOT SA MAYKAPAL.
NO TO PNOY
NO TO PNOY PAWNS
NO TO BBL
NO TO LIBERAL PARTY
NO TO CAPITALISM
NO TO SOCIALISM
NO TO OLIGARCHY